Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Spit On Your Grave

To start I am compelled to inform anyone who thinks it might be a good idea to watch this movie, that there is a 20 minute long rape scene. That's right 20 minutes way too long. No graphic rape scene is cool in a movie. In my opinion there is no need for a rape scene at all. I get that it can add to the plot and yea yea yea. Just do like mom used to do and kill a family member or something to get the main character mad at you, there is no need to rape them. With that said if the rape scene in this movie would have been a minute long and shot from a distance with just a quick screen shot of a sign that reads " Rape scene", then this would have been a good movie, that is as far as horror movies go. The beginning of the movie just makes you laugh with the very stereotypical southern hick gas station worker and creepy cabin. And the ending does include some pretty cool revenge scenes, with eyeballs being cut out, skin being burned with lye, and even the man who did what all should never dare do to a woman, who gets what's coming to him, and now can't pee standing up if you know what I mean (if you don't know what I mean, he gets his penis cut off). After watching this movie I now swear that I will never again knowingly watch another 'rapey' movie. It ruined this whole movie and turned what could have been a promising horror flick into a complete shit can of a movie. Dare I say "I spit on the grave" of this movie.
Rating: 0 yeti roars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment