Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Hammer

What a delightful little movie this is. I got this movie in the mail from Netflix the other day, forgetting that I had put it on my to rent list a long time ago. Now I cant remember why I had even put it on my to rent list in the first place, and to say that I didn't go "great another movie that looks like its going to suck" would be a lie. But like all movies I'm more than willing to give it its fair shot before I completely shoot it down. So it happened to be a lazy Saturday morning with the house to myself and nothing better do but sit there in my underwear when I decided I would prepar to go on another bad boxing movie adventure, but wait whats this..... this movie is actually pretty funny and whole hearted. Wow, who knew that The Hammer is a diamond in the rough. That's right my friends check out this movie, I think it will surprise you too. Adam Carolla plays Jerry, a just turned 40 carpenter who's promising boxing career was washed up years ago. His life pretty much sucks, cause he quit his job and lost his girlfriend all on his birthday. But soon Jerry meets a boxing coach who wants him to put the gloves back on and fight his way to the Olympics. You later find out that the coach actually just wants Jerry to spar and train with his true prospect Robert the other boxer trying to make it to the Olympics. Soon Jerry proves everyone wrong by overcoming his lazy underachiever ways and makes it to the final fight to see who the Americans will be sending to the Olympics. He even meets a nice girl and has a loyal friend to Cher him on along the way. I can honestly say I connected to this movie a bit and was excited to see Jerry succeed. Now I haven't seen a whole lot of boxing movies, but for the ones I have seen, I would say this one is the best. I would even dare to say it's better than Rocky. Only for the reason that I can understand every word Adam Carolla says, and he doesn't sound like he has a big old banana in his mouth like Stallone.
Rating: 4 Yeti roars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment